Supreme Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton i360 Approved

Go down

Brighton i360 Approved Empty Brighton i360 Approved

Post by Mr007 Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Brighton i360 Approved

In the seaside town of Brighton the latest plans by London Eye architects, Marks and Barfield, for a tall viewing platform, the i360 have been approved by Brighton Council.

Developed by the West Pier Trust, the 175 metre tall scheme will sit on West Pier on the seafront providing tourists and townsfolk alike with spectacular views all the way to the South Downs.

The centre of the project is a 60 tonne glass and steel pod that can accommodate up to 4000 visitors a day and has been designed to handle 550,000 a year.

At night the tip will be lit up providing the area with what is basically a modern multi-coloured lighthouse.

Marks and Barfield, ever the environmentalists, have integrated wind turbines into their plans and these will provide an overall average of about 20% of the electricity requirements.

Given the previous reputation of the council and the way Brighton Marina struggled for their approval it comes as a bit of surprise this one got through the planning system so quickly but perhaps the regenerative effects of the income it will generate acted as a point of persuasion.

The project should be able open to the public by the year 2010 and will cost between £15 million and £20 million to build with tickets costing £8 each giving an estimated turnover of £4.4 million a year - a pretty good return on such a small investment, even with running costs taken into account and enough to create about 100 jobs if the developer is to be believed.

This isn't the only recent tall building activity in Brighton, the King Alfred development seems to have been given the nod of approval by Brighton's Policy and Resources Committee securing another £48 million in funding, whilst Standard Life Investments are due to show off their plans for a new development in the centre of Brighton tomorrow.

uffizien
vending machines

Mr007
Corporal of Posts
Corporal of Posts

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down